Before that, it was used to describe unfinished business from meetings.
Perhaps all meetings are hangovers then. 😏
What we really want to know is not the origin of the word, but how to get rid of it, right?
Here are some of the things I do to alleviate the most unpleasant side effects of drinking just a little too much:
- Plan ahead - take the following day off work
- Drink water in between alcoholic drinks for hydration
- Take Gravol before going to bed to help control nausea and vomiting
- Take something to get rid of the pain, like Advil
- Get outside for some fresh air
- Eat a greasy spoon breakfast - this morning I chose McDonald’s
- Take a cozy nap with cute cats if time permits
What are some of your hangover cures? Asking for a friend.